Surveys of Current Students
These surveys cover a range of topics and provide a comprehensive picture of the educational experience at UBC. Feedback from students provides invaluable insight about their academic engagement, learning experiences, health and wellbeing, career preparedness, and perceptions about equity, diversity and inclusion at UBC.
For UBC results on these surveys, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Canadian Campus Wellbeing Survey (CCWS) is a new standardized survey led by Dr. Guy Faulkner, a faculty member at UBC, and a group of academic researchers across Canada. It is meant as an alternative to the NCHA, or the National College Health Assessment.
The National Survey of Student Engagement, or NSSE, is a standardized survey conducted by the NSSE Institute at Indiana University. Post-secondary institutions participate in NSSE on a regular basis. UBC participates in NSSE every three years; we last participated in 2020, 2017, 2014, etc. It is administered on first year and fourth year undergraduate students.
- NSSE Questionnaire 2020
- NSSE Workbook 2020
- NSSE Pocket Guide Report 2020 – Okanagan
- NSSE Pocket Guide Report 2020 – Vancouver
NSSE 2014 & 2017
The Undergraduate Experience Survey (UES) is a regular survey on UBC undergraduate students in Winter Session Term 2 (Jan to Apr). It runs every year except when UBC participates in the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE). It was administered in 2018, 2019, and 2021 but not 2020, as UBC participated in NSSE in 2020.
It is currently run by Student Experience Evaluation and Research (SEER) within UBC’s Planning and Institutional Research (PAIR) office .
The UES supports informational needs of stakeholder groups of both campuses (UBC Okanagan and UBC Vancouver) including but not limited to:
- The Board of Governors
- The President’s Office
- Provost Offices
- Vice-President Students and Associate Vice-President Students Offices
- Equity and Inclusion Office
- Faculty Deans and Associate Deans
- Enrolment Services and International Student Initiative
- Centre for Teaching, Learning, & Technology and Centre for Teaching & Learning
- Indigenous Strategic Plan Implementation Group
- Others (e.g., Vice-Provost International Office, Campus and Community Planning, HR, etc.)
UES 2021 Okanagan
- UES Demographic Profile 2021 – Okanagan
- UES Full Distribution 2021 – Okanagan
- UES Top 2 2021 – Okanagan
- UES Top 3 2021 – Okanagan
UES 2021 Vancouver
- UES Demographic Profile 2021 – Vancouver
- UES Full Distribution 2021 – Vancouver
- UES Top 2 2021 – Vancouver
- UES Top 3 2021 – Vancouver
UES 2019 Okanagan
- UES Summary Report 2019 – Okanagan
- UES Demographic Profile 2019 – Okanagan
- UES Full Distribution 2019 – Okanagan
- UES Top 2 2019 – Okanagan
- UES Top 3 2019 – Okanagan
UES 2019 Vancouver